On average, people check their smartphones 150 times per day—more than 8 times an hour! If you’re looking to improve your web presence, mobile optimization is the way to go. Here are some tips to help you optimize your mobile site and ensure it performs well in search results.
What is mobile SEO?
Mobile SEO optimization is the process of optimizing your website for mobile devices. This includes making sure your website is responsive, loading quickly, and providing a good user experience. Phones, smartphones, tablets, GPS, notebooks, etc. The mobilegeddon era has arrived and we need to adapt to it.
Why is it so important?
In today’s world, more and more people are using their mobile devices to access the internet. This means that if you want your website to be seen by as many people as possible, you need to optimize it for mobile. Over 5 billion users use mobile devices. At work, at home, on the go – we shop online, look for information, and chat with friends. If a website is displayed incorrectly on a small screen, the user will opt out of it, and thus your bounce rate will increase. It’s just a matter of time before you go down in the rankings.
Google is now using a mobile-first index, which means that your website will be judged primarily on its mobile version. This is a big shift, and it means that you need to make sure your mobile site is up to par. Mobility and responsiveness are ranking factors that evaluate the algorithms. If you don’t have a mobile address, you can drop up to 70 items!
RWD, Responsive Web Design
RWD is critical for mobile SEO. By using responsive design, you can ensure that your website will render properly on all devices, from smartphones to tablets to desktop computers. This will give your users the best possible experience and make it more likely that they’ll stay on your site and convert. The first step in creating a mobile-friendly site is finding out how much space your text takes up on a smartphone’s screen. To do this, take your phone and place two fingers in the center of the screen so that they are both touching. Be sure to check everything on yourself.
ASO, App Store Optimization
It is a process of customizing a website in a mobile application and increasing its visibility in the search engines of app stores. The goal is to increase the number of downloads and user interactions, build a foundation for recognition, gain positive feedback, and diversify distribution channels.
- Select the appropriate interface theme. It should be as simple as possible, so you have to give up the clutter of elements to make the template pleasant to navigate.
- Optimize your meta tags (title tag and meta description) – these are the first elements that your audience comes into contact with.
- Create a friendly url that is easy to write and remember.
- Use the potential of the breadcrumb menu, categories and filters to organize the content on the page. Additionally, you will get important internal links thanks to it.
- Avoid heavy multimedia elements. If you use images or videos, you need to compress them properly so as not to lose the high speed of the page loading.
- Limit the number of ads that slow down your website and cover your screen.
- Consider the placement of buttons and interactive elements. This is especially important in terms of UX and UX for e-commerce websites.
- Consider implementing voice search – it is increasingly used by audiences.
You don’t have to do this on your own
If you want to improve your mobile SEO, work with an experienced and reputable SEO agency. A good agency will have a team of experts who understand the latest trends and can help you make the necessary changes to stay ahead of the competition. They will also be able to provide you with customized reports that show you where your site needs improvement.
There are many factors in today’s search engine algorithms, but your SEO Newcastle specialists know what they are and how to best deal with them. They offer affordable pricing as well as services which can be tailored specifically to suit your business needs.
To sum up
If you want to improve your mobile SEO, start by making sure your website is responsive. You should also focus on creating quality content that is mobile-friendly and informative. In addition, make sure your website loads quickly on mobile devices and that your menus and navigation are easy to use. Finally, don’t forget to promote your mobile site through social media and other channels. Don’t waste five billion opportunities!
Main photo: freestocks/unsplash.com